Monday, December 27, 2010

Feta cheese omelet


I have to admit, I was not blogging too much lately. But I just came back to Greece few days ago and I was meeting with friends, picking up and dropping off people at the airport and of course...shopping! So, I really did not have time. Sorry for that! The truth is that I did not have time for cooking either. But I felt a bit guilty, so I went through old pictures and found out a picture of a fried double egg that I have on the head of this blog. Also, Arturinho was asking for this recipe from the beginning of my blog, so here it comes.

INGREDIENTS:
(for each omelet)

2 eggs

50gr Feta cheese, mashed
1/2 small onion, finely chopped

1 small clove garlic, minced

3 slices smoked ham

1 small tomato

60gr mozzarella cheese, cut in 6 pieces

6 fresh basil leaves

some butter for frying

ground black pepper to taste
egg ring of any shape (optional)

1. Separate egg whites from yolks.

2. In a small bowl mix the egg whites, Feta cheese, onion and garlic. Spice with some black pepper. Don't add any salt as Feta is already salty enough.

3. In a pan with non-stick surface melt some butter. Place an egg ring (if using) in the middle and pour inside the cheese mix. Place the two egg yolks on top of the omelet. Close the lid, lower the heat and let the eggs cook until the whites are firm and cooked through.

4. On a plate arrange the ham. Place the omelet on top.

5. Cut the tomato in 6 pieces. In each basil leaf place a piece of mozzarella and a piece of tomato. Arrange them around the omelet and it's ready to eat.


Really nice way to wake up your beloved once in the morning! ;)

No comments: