The last few weekends we switched for fish and sea food, since we have time to go to the market and buy fresh fish there. So today I got shrimps and made a very nice Thai soup. And it actually smelled like Thai, cause other times I tried some recipes and even though they were nice it didn't smell authentic. Well this time it was great! :)
350 gr shrimps, peeled
1.5 liter fish stock
4 lemon grass stalks, chopped into 2 cm pieces
2 chilly peppers
2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
6 coriander stalks with leaves
1 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2-3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1. Pour the stock in a large pot and bring to the boil.
2. With a vegetable peeler peel off 3-4 strips of lime rind. Squeeze the limes and reserve the juice.
3. Add the lemon grass, lime rind, chillies, ginger and coriander stalks to the stock and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove the lime ring from the pot.
4. Add the shrimps, vinegar, oyster sauce and half of the lime juice. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the coriander stalks from the pot and discard.
6. Taste the broth and add more lime juice if necessary. Serve with some extra coriander.